Short term, the programme aims to increase participants’ knowledge and understanding of National Innovation Systems as well as international and national networks.
The knowledge, in turn, contributes to the mid-term objectives, to initiate projects that contribute to the development of the Indonesian Innovation Systems and give participants the possibility to establish new collaborations with Swedish partners from both the private and public sectors. During the programme, the participants develop projects that contribute to institutional and organisational change processes in order to increase the organisational efficiency and effectiveness of their home organisiations.
Long-term, the progamme aims to increase the capacity on a national level in Indonesia to realise and implement Innovation Systems.
Both local and regional Indonesian organisations and institutions can nominate candidates, who may be:
- medium-level managers and others in managerial positions at the Indonesian Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology, and the National Research and Innovation Agency. Applicants should work with policy and development issues as well as implement and coordinate policy for the development of a national innovation system.
- Other strategically important organisations, institutions and individuals who have the position and ability to apply the knowledge gained from the programme to create organisational change.
Applicants should represent relevant organisations or activities and have clear mandates and active support from management to initiate organisational change. Each participant will initiate and develop processes in line with the programme objectives.
The programme spans a 13-month period both online and at Lund University in Sweden and concludes with a follow-up seminar in Indonesia.
Phase 1: Preparatory work - online, 1 month
Phase 2: 4 week course in Sweden at Lund University including lecturers, workshops, case studies, study visits both in the Lund/Malmö region and in Stockholm.
Phase 3: Project work – online, 6 months
Phase 4: 1 week follow-up seminar in Indonesia with relevant stakeholders such as academics, researchers, central and regional government agencies, science and technology leaders, decision makers, industry representatives, etc.
Phase 5: Project work – online, 4 months
Phase 6: 1 week mentor visits to the project site
The commissioning party covers the costs of:
- Participation and training such as lectures, literature, documentation, mentorship, study tours and certain social activities
- Accommodation including board and lodging
- International travel to and from Sweden
All personal expenses are to be covered by the participants themselves.
Upon arrival in Sweden, participants will be greeted and picked up at the airport for joint transportation to the hotel.
Academic bachelor's degree and work experience. The programme is in English and requires high English langauge proficiency. Applicants should be nominated by their workplace.
The programme starts with an online preparatory phase. The training in Sweden, Lund University, is carried out over 4 weeks.
A one week follow-up seminar is carried out in Indonesia.
Project work on site and mentorship both on site and online will be carried out throughout the programme. In total, the programme spans 13 months.
The programme is a combination of online and on site in Sweden and in Indonesia.
Number of participants
Each batch can include maximum 25 participants
For any queries please contact Maria Flores,
Lund University Commissioned Education