The aim of this course is to provide participants with an operationally useful understanding of the difference between corporate brand identity and brand image and how digital can help develop and manage both. We will explore the role that the corporate brand plays in HR and the unique challenges faced by companies who hire and/or operate internationally. We will discuss what it takes to create a corporate brand identity that resonates with prospects and employees and how that identity can be managed and communicated most effectively. There will be an emphasis on self-assessment so the material can be applied to the participant’s own work situation.
The course covers two days with four lecture modules, each including cases, exercises, and round-table discussions. Participants will be divided into small groups and the roundtables will focus on specific themes. This provides participants with an opportunity to deepen their knowledge in specific topics and to exchange experience with others from different industries. Prior to the course, participants will be surveyed about their needs and the course material will be tailored to address the results.
Module 1: Key Concepts and Models for the Employer Brand
- What is a corporate brand?
- Brand identity vs brand image
- The activity of “branding”
- How the value of the brand can be modeled and managed
Module 2: Implementing the Brand Identity
- Internalizing the brand identity
- Managing the brand to acquire/retain employees
- How prospects and employees assess brand value
- Self assessment
Module 3: Developing the Corporate Brand Online
- Projecting a positive employer brand online
- Managing third-party reviews of your employer-brand online
- A strategic HR approach to online publishing (“content marketing”)
- A strategic HR approach to online networking (“social media”)
Module 4: Employer Brand Online Essentials
- Managing an integrated online platform for your brand
- Nurturing prospects online
- How your best employees can help attract more of the same online
- Summary and reflection
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CEOs, HR Directors and those aspiring towards those positions will benefit by participating in this course. The course will deal with underlying principles of marketing and operational issues implementing them. As such, it is most suitable for senior managers responsible for driving growth and developing the company