There is a need for skilled professionals within the IT field in all parts of Sweden. This is the reason why the European Social Fund funds MatchIT, a multiorganisational project that aims to match newcomers with the needs of companies in Skåne within the IT field. Lund University will provide an intensive university level education within computer science, an education that will also validate and complement your existing competence. Ideon Science Park together with Arbetsförmedlingen will match you with a company in the region that need programmers and provide a 10 week internship programme.
This training should better match you with the needs of companies in Skåne, within the IT field.
WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION?
The education is approximately 50 weeks and will include:
- Introduction to Programming (12weeks)
- Programming, Databases and Web Development (17 weeks, see content below)
- Culture and communication in the workplace (2 weeks)
- Academic Swedish for Immigrants (3 weeks)
- Internship at a company in the region (10 weeks)
THE PROGRAMMING TRAINING
- - Orientation
- - Programming Concepts in Python
Programming and Databases
- - Java, ER, UML, SQL
- - Algorithms, Data Structures, OO Concepts, Testing
- - Java GUI Framework, OO Design and Modeling
- - JUnit, Android, Efficient Algorithms
- - MySQL, ER, UML, Web Development
Non-relational Databases, XML, JSON
Agile Development Methods
- - Agile, XP Programming, Version Managment
- - Automated Testing, Refactoring
WHO CAN APPLY?
Newly arrived graduates (need not have completed the education) with an interest in IT.
- Good knowledge of English
- High motivation to complete the program
- Registered as a jobseeker with Arbetsförmedlingen
Click "Apply here" in the upper right corner to register your application for the programme.
Newly arrived academics
May 2nd, 2019 - April 2020
Lund University, Lund
Number of participants
20 February, 2019
Call: +46 46 222 39 20